Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bitty Baby's new wardrobe

  1. #1
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like many others miss the original baby dresses for Bitty, I have decided to design my own knitted dresses and clothes for Bitty....I just finished a sweet lavender and white outfit and she looks so sweet....pics are in my knitting album
    Mary

    http://community.webshots.com/script...53382&ran=2193

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Both of your knitted dress for Bitty are so cute. Bitty looks like a sweet baby in them. You knit well. The dresses look professional. Job well done.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I forgot to ask before, does it take a lone time to knit them?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it takes several days, depending on how much time I spend on it....well you of all people know how THAT is...lol..I am working now on a pram set with leggings and a fairisle coat with matching hat....one leg is done...I started tonight so who knows it all depends how much time I get...the one nice thing is I get to take it with me I just cant seem to find time to sit and sew.....this is a busy time in my life....but I love knitting and get a great feeling of accomplishment when I work out a difficult pattern...and as you can see...Bitty loves it tooo.....
    mary

  5. #5
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    How precious! Oh how I wish I could knit. Your dresses are wonderful. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thank you, it takes longer to knit than sew but the big advantage is I can do it at night when I have more time to myself...I just dont have the time to sew at this time in my life....between sick elderly people and little ones they are most time consuming...

    Mary

  7. #7
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Mary....I think knitting would be such a relaxing thing to do in the evenings. I would love it. Especially in the winter time. I have asked my sister to teach me, and last I heard....I was never to come near her with knitting needles again! Apparenty...I'm a challenged knitter. LOL!!!!

    There is a new knitting and yarn store in town, and I am thinking of signing up for a class. The problem is, I want it to be a relaxing hobby, and the woman who runs things at the store is really hyper. Five minutes with her, and I have to leave the store. It's really weird.

    Sorry to ramble....just know that I really admire your work.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the easiest project to do is washrags with the cotton yarn that you see at the craft stores....it is a quick project and you can learn many knew stitches that way....but to be honest knit and purl will be the stitches you use most....you should try teaching yourself...get a book and there are so many free washrag patterns online you wont even have to buy a pattern....the nice thing is when you are done you have these great little dishrags that last forever..I will send you links if you are interested...and another thing, get circular needles....at least it is attached when you drop it..lol...I gave up on the others several years ago....
    mary

  9. #9
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Oh sure! Send me some links. That sounds great. You can PM me, but then pls leave me your email address. My computer won't let me answer PM's.

    Thanks so much!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •